The Verge: James Lord (Music Artiste)







NAME:  Jameslord


CAREER: I'm a singer


BRIEF PROFILE

I’d like to describe myself as an unusual and versatile artiste with a unique style that is quite different from the norm.    I started singing in the choir at a tender age and thereafter grew into becoming a song writer and a music director, and has since directed several choirs in Lagos.


I was a part of a music group called ‘the quartet V.O.T.T O6’.  This group was a major spring board to my solo career.   I have been privileged to perform alongside wonderful artistes like Frank Edward, Sammie Okposo, E-ben, Rooftop Mc's, K.S.B and many others.

I am passionate about gospel music.  My vision is to touch lives positively through my music, drawing them closer to God, while doing it unusually.


HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING MUSIC?

I've been singing for about a decade now (10years)


OTHER INTEREST/SKILL
 
I love football a lot and I derive satisfaction from analyzing it.


AGE: I'm 30 years of age.


WHAT HAS IT BEEN LIKE AS A MUSIC ARTISTE? WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES YOU COME ACROSS IN THIS LINE OF CAREER?

For me, it’s been fulfilling.  There have been lots of challenges though, but I'll still choose music again and again.  It is my calling; it is what I'm made to do.

As for challenges, they are numerous. But the one that stands out is being treated less than the made artistes.    It is inevitable though, but it’s not cool.   Also, sponsors and record labels do not want to work with you unless you're up there.  This has to change. Talent and potential needs to be encouraged in Africa.


A MAJOR POINT SO FAR IN YOUR CAREER

It has to be when I performed alongside the big names in the industry at the prestigious Muson Centre in Lagos, Nigeria.  It was amazing.


CURRENT GOAL:

Current goal is to release my album and videos and have it all over the place.


ASPIRATIONS/FUTURE PLANS: 

One of my major future plan is to own a record label in Nigeria that would make a difference and project real talents.

Secondly, I'm passionate about people, helping them and seeing them happy, giving them a better life.   So I'll pioneer a major charity home by the help of God and make a difference in people's lives.

As for experiences,  *hmmm*, I've had a lot oh. *smiles*.  But in all, I'm grateful and blessed to be where I am now and I'm extremely excited about the future, cos it’s definitely awesome!


RECENT WORK: SINGLES

I have a promotional CD out which contains 3songs. It includes a brand new dance track titled "Sope" (give thanks).


ANY ROLE MODEL OR INDIVIDUAL YOU ADMIRE IN YOUR CAREER FIELD?

I admire people like R.kelly, Kirk Franklin, Kim Burrell, India Arie, Tye Tribbett.  I do because they are exceptional at what they do.


CONTACT

Phone: +2348065544828, +2348056318362 (Manager)

Listen to Jameslord’s songs here: www.reverbnation.com/otunbajameslord

No comments

Powered by Blogger.