Esthertainment Digest’s Interview with one of Nigeria’s Top Bloggers, Olori Supergal



No doubt that Olorisupregal.com is one of Nigeria’s leading and well recognized blogs. We found Oluwatosin (Editor, Olorisupergal.com) at a major event last week and seized the opportunity to have a chat with her, discussing her website and her decision to stand out from the crowd.

Patience Simeon who represented Esthertainment Digest, spoke with the web diva.



ED/Patience: A lot of people hear about you and visit your blog but don’t know really know who Olorisupergal is. May we know you briefly?

Olorisupergal: My name is Ajibade Oluwatosin, people know me as Olorisupergal.  I am a blogger and a digital marketer.  I am a very simple lady. I am more much more focused on my work, to deliver and make my clients happy.


ED/Patience: We noticed you decided to diversify and redirect the content and purpose of your site.  Your content is more intelligent and you work with corporate brands.  What brought about this change?

Olorisupergal: I decided to move because I discovered people might not take you serious, in a way, when you just talk about material.  I am not saying it’s bad to talk about such, it’s just that you may not be seen as relevant when you don’t post about major issues that go on in the society.  I remember one time I did not write about one major clash that occurred in a state and people kept asking me why they couldn’t find the story on the Olorisupergal site.  The feedback I get from my readers affects the content I post.  I had to expand my content to satisfy my readers.


ED/Patience:  What would you say distinguishes the Olorisupergal site from other blogs/websites?

Olorisupergal:  We have our own niche. We like to stand out with whatever we put out there. In terms of content, we feed our readers more on good articles, opinionated write-ups on current happenings, and trending topics.  We put our voice to whatever content we put out there.   


ED/Patience: How do you get your news/information?

Olorisupergal: We get information from sources and we also go out to get our stories.  We are more focused on entertainment.  We do cover events and we do celebrity interviews where we talk to celebs and hear from them.  For example, as regards the recent Yemi Alade/Phyno story, I was on a flight back from Johannesburg and Phyno was on the same flight.  I took the opportunity to ask him about it and he was willing to give his own side of the story.  We get stories online and we also do our best to confirm.







No comments

Powered by Blogger.